CubicWeb roadmap meeting on November 6th, 2014
The Logilab team holds a roadmap meeting every two months to plan its CubicWeb development effort. The previous roadmap meeting was in September 2014.
Here is the report about the November 6th, 2014 meeting. Christophe de Vienne (Unlish) joined us to express their concerns and discuss the future of CubicWeb. Dimitri Papadopoulos (CEA) could not come.
This version is stable but old and maintainance will continue only as long as some customers will be willing to pay for it (current is 3.17.17).
If you're still using 3.17, you should go directly to 3.19.
This version is stable but old and maintained (current is 3.18.6).
This version is stable and maintained (current is 3.19.5).
This version is still under development but should be released very soon now (expected next week). Its main feature being the inclusion of CWEP-002 (computed attributes and relations), along with many small improvement patches.
For details read list of tickets for CubicWeb 3.20.0.
We would have loved to integrate the pyramid cube in this release, but the debian packaging effort needed by the pyramid stack is quite big and is acceptable if we target jessie only (at decent price).
For now, the roadmap for 3.21 is still the complete removal of the dbapi, the merging of Connection and ClientConnection, and possibly including CWEP-003 (adding a FROM clause to RQL).
Integrate the pyramid cube to provide the pyramid command if the pyramid framework can be imported.
Integration of CWEP-004 is being discussed.
We expect to accelerate development of CubicWeb 4, which exact roadmap is still to be discussed, but we may already want:
- be pyramid-based (remove twisted, auth management, etc.),
- do not have anything left of old dbapi and ClientConnection,
- integrate squareui as main (and only) web-ui "template" or remove web generation (almost) completely from cubicweb-core and provide it only through the cube system.
- cubicweb-bootstrap (0.6.5)
- cubicweb-brainomics (0.11.4, 0.12.0)
- cubicweb-clinipath (0.2.1, 0.2.2)
- cubicweb-collaboration (1.0.1)
- cubicweb-fastimport (0.2.0)
- cubicweb-file (1.16.1)
- cubicweb-forge (1.10.2)
- cubicweb-forgotpwd (0.6.0)
- cubicweb-invoice (0.8.0)
- cubicweb-leaflet (0.2.1, 0.3.0)
- cubicweb-mediaplayer (0.1.3, 0.1.4)
- cubicweb-medicalexp (0.12.3)
- cubicweb-osmfrance (0.2.2)
- cubicweb-person (1.8.1, 1.9.0)
- cubicweb-postgis (0.3.0)
- cubicweb-relationwidget (0.2.0)
- cubicweb-rqlcontroller (0.2.0, 0.3.0)
- cubicweb-squareui (0.3.7)
- cubicweb-subprocess (0.2.0)
- cubicweb-tracker (1.16.1)
- cubicweb-transactionlog (0.2.0, 0.2.1)
- cubicweb-worker (3.0.3, 3.0.4)
- cubicweb-wsme (0.1.0)
- cwclientlib (0.2.0)
- cwtags (1.1.0)
Here is the status of open CubicWeb Evolution Proposals:to be written
Work in progress
Some work is in progress around CKAN, DCAT and othr Open Data and Semantic Web related technologies.
Next roadmap meeting will be held at the beginning of january 2015 at Logilab, and Christophe and Dimitri (or Yann) are invited.
- AppObjects should not be loaded by default
- Have a look at Alembic the migration tool for SQLAlchemy and take inspiration from there